Date: 02 August 1998
To: MitchMailList
From: Danl Blackwood
Subject: [MitchMailList 006]: Tulsa, OK 07/24 review

RaNee' Stumpff's Tulsa review

From: RaNee' Stumpff
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 02:35:13
Subject: Mitch Concert

I am so excited. I just got home from seeing Mitch in concert in Tulsa.
It was great. I thought he  sounded great and couldn't tell his voice
wasn't 100%. I can't really give  you a detailed review of the concert,
but it was a great as you can imagine. The only time I felt really
emotional was when Mitch sang  "Heaven Is Waiting" from Canticle. He
said that he and Rich  wrote that song and that it meant even more to
him now. Michael Aukofer  (BTW I think I am in love with him!) was
playing with Mitch, and for this song  played the hammered dulcimer. As
they he sang the words I started to get teary-eyed. It wasn't a sad
feeling though, it was really happy because I was thinking "Heaven isn't
waiting for Rich anymore, he is there!!" Mitch was really laid back. He
talked about the wreck some, but not in any great detail. I just thought
he really handled it  well. I bought his CD at the concert and just LOVE
it! You know, I didn't talk to Mitch. I thought about it because I am
just so very very thankful that he has come so far and I have prayed so
much for him over the past 10 months, but I didn't want to be  sappy.
But it was a really great concert. I was a little disappointed there
weren't more people there (only about 100) but I guess it was  more
intimate that way.  This Train...well, they were interesting. I guess I
am just not in to that type of music. But I thought they were  super
cool! I just loved their personalities! I do like hearing  different
stuff and I had a blast. They were really funny. They had Mitch come up
to sing with them on one song (sorry, I don't remember which one)  and I
don't know if he was just so tired he was goofy or what, but he just
stood  there grinning. It was super funny, everyone was just laughing at
him and  Mark whispered into the mike "He was in an accident." I am sure
 that sounds kind of tacky to read it, but it really was  funny.
Anyway, I just thought I would share that with  ya'll. If you don't have
Mitch's CD, you need to get it. I think it  is great! It is a little
"chilling" though to hear Rich in  "New Mexico".  RaNee'

Return to top

April Gonzales' Tulsa review

From: April Gonzales
Subject: Mitch in concert
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 15:33:51

I just wanted to let you know about the concert Mitch had in Tulsa 7/24.
We were expecting a large crowd, as we are big fans.  I was a little
disappointed to see that there were not a lot of people there, but I
think it was because of poor publicity.  It was a very laid back
concert.  Just Mitch sitting in front of a church singing to the Lord
with Michael Aukofer playing percussion.  He came to the stage in the
midst of a LONG ovation.  He then started off by telling a joke.  Some
of us were a little tense about how emotional the concert would be, so
this helped to ease our tension.  He joked about his double vision
making the crowd look huge-at which we clapped and yelled.  He sang each
song with the emotion that I saw him sing with last year, when he and
Rich were in Tulsa.  He sang songs from his new album (which is great!)
and also a couple of songs from the Canticle. We were glad it wasn't
over yet.  He came back out to sing a couple of songs with This Train.
After the concert we got to meet Mitch and tell him what a blessing he
truly is to his fans.  I can hardly wait to hear his music on our radio
station here in Tulsa.

Love in Christ,

April Gonzales

Return to top