Date: 29 January 1999
To: MitchMailList
From: Danl Blackwood
Subject: [MitchMailList 021]: DovesMitch

The 1999 Dove Award Nominations

DOVE AWARD NOMINEES FOR 30TH ANNUAL SHOW
SALUTE INDUSTRY VETERANS AND NEW ARTISTS

NASHVILLE, Tenn., (January 27, 1999) -- As the Gospel Music
Association prepares to celebrate its rich heritage through the 30th
Annual Dove Awards, the nominees for this year's show illustrate the
importance both seasoned veterans and talented new artists play in the
continued growth of gospel music.

The nominees for the 30th anniversary show were announced today at the
Nashville Arena by artists Steven Curtis Chapman, Crystal Lewis,
Nicole Nordeman, Silage, Virtue, FFH and Gospel Music Association
President and Dove Awards Executive Producer Frank Breeden.  The 30th
Annual Dove Awards, hosted for the second year by John Tesh, will be
held at the Nashville Arena on Wednesday, March 24 at 8 p.m. (CST).
The show will be produced live by award-winning High Five
Entertainment and televised nationwide between March 24th and April
12th through a syndication arrangement with Central City Productions.
At this time, the Dove Awards is gaining an impressive clearance list
of network affiliates, including WABC-TV in New York City -- the No. 1
station in the nation's No. 1 market.
[SNIP]

The remainder of this press release can be found at http://www.doveawards.com/newsroom/.

Mitch received, along with Rich, a nomination for Song of the Year for "My Deliverer." Below is the complete list of all the nominees in that category --

(The complete list of all categories can be found out http://www.doveawards.com/newsroom/list.html.)

THE GOSPEL MUSIC ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES THE
NOMINEES for the 30th ANNUAL DOVE AWARDS

Category 1:
Song of the Year
"Song Title"; Writer; Publisher

0101 "Adonai";Stephanie Lewis, Lorraine Ferro, Don Koch; Sparrow
      Songs (BMI), Word Music, First Verse Music, Chalante Music (ASCAP)
0102 "Deeper"; Martin Smith, Stuart Garrand; Curious Music U.K.
      Birdwing Music
0103 "Entertaining Angels"; Jody Davis, Peter  Furler, Phil Joel;
      Helmet Publishing (BMI), Dawn Treader Music (SESAC), Shepherd's Fold
      Music (BMI)
0104 "God So Loved"; Chris Eaton; SGO Music Publishing, Bug Music Inc.
      (BMI)
0105 "I Believe In Christ"; Jonathan Pierce, Steve Plunkett,  Denise
      Hildreath; Mike  Curb Music (BMI), Sofa and Chair Music (BMI), Plunk
      Songs (BMI)
0106 "Live The Life"; Michael W. Smith, Brent Bourgeois; Milene Music, Inc./
      Deer Valley Music (ASCAP), W.B.M. Music Corp/ADC Music/Edinburg
      Songs (SESAC)
0107 "Mercy Said No"; Don Koch, Dave Clark, Greg Long; Word Music,
      Dayspring Music, Definitive Music (BMI), First Verse Music (ASCAP),
      Inferataste Music, Curline Music (ASCAP)
0108 "My Deliverer"; Rich Mullins, Mitch McVicker; Liturgy Legacy
      Music, Word Music(ASCAP), White Plastic Bag Music (SESAC)
0109 "Testify To Love"; Paul Field, Henk Pool, Ralph VanManen, Robert
      Riekerk; Windswept Music, Holland (ASCAP)
0110 "Undo Me"; Jennifer Knapp; Gotee Music, West Hudson Music (BMI)
0111 "We Fall Down"; Kyle Matthews; BMG Songs (ASCAP), Above The Rim
      Music (ASCAP)

Return to top