Date: 21 May 2002
To: MitchMailList
From: Danl Blackwood
Subject: [MitchMailList 090]: Blind Munchies Coffeehouse 03/01 review/scrapbook

Mitch McVicker concert
Blind Munchies Coffeehouse
Menomonie, WI, March 1st, 2002

review by Becky Karl

photos by Pastor Tim Dodson

click on thumbnails for a larger image

The house was completely maxed out at The Blind Munchies Coffeehouse the night of Friday March1st, live with Mitch McVicker. Mitch was accompanied by Brad Layher, Cobra Joe, and the new addition of a fellow "cheese-ite" Jeff Weiss.

Candles dimly lit the cozy eclectic coffeehouse with many old friends and some new faces that just happening by off the street to find them. The loud whistle of the espresso machine and chattering voices filled the room.

Mitch and the band began to play, it was as if they just stopped by to visit, trying to fill us in on their lives since they've been gone, what they know, what they've been through and what is real, all in a few short hours.

One of the highlights of the night was that the bass player Jeff Weiss played the "Train Song" off of his album Monuments and Markers. Brad Layher also was able to play a song off his new album Shut That Boy Up called "Mourning Glory's."

Mitch has been in the studio working on his next album and graced us with a few new songs. I wouldn't be able to do them justice by trying to describe them, let me just say that they are some of his best stuff yet. You'll just have to go catch him somewhere and see for yourself.

It was an excellent concert. Mitch and the guys were crazy and very down to earth as they shared that it's not always about trying to be a "good person" but about knowing who you are and who God is and not being afraid to open up and ask "Show me how to love."