Date: 16 Jan 2007
To: MitchMailList
From: Mitch McVicker
Subject: [MitchMailList 125]: In His Own Words - Jan 2007

In His Own Words - Jan 2007

I hope all of you had a good Christmas and that you are having a good start to 2007. I wanted to drop you a line and update you on what has been going on and my 2007 plans.

2006 was a full year of concerts for me. I got to do what I believe I need to be doing. I did over 90 concerts in 27 states and had the opportunity to try to do what i could to direct people's attention towards Jesus. It was a blessing to travel with wonderful friends and amazing musicians. All the way along the road, I was able to meet great new people and rekindle many friendships.

I was able to watch my daughter, Brooklyn, grow and "become" during her first year of life. This definitely put a new spin on leaving home. I tried to see to it that I wasn't messing around when I left...and I really tried to make sure I was doing something good and of value.

Now, after much prayer, I am taking some time away from doing concerts during the first half of 2007.

I have been hitting it pretty hard the past three years, and doing over 300 concerts has taken a toll on me. It has become evident to me that I need to step back and spend some time with my family. I am also trusting the Lord to use this time to refresh and renew me. These are all just my plans (who knows how the Lord will work?), but I have every intention of coming back better-than-ever in the second half of 2007, and doing a full slate of concerts in support of the release of my newest full-length CD.

I know I will never regret taking this time away, for the sake of my family, myself, and the ministry I get to be a part of. It seems to be especially important with Brooklyn going through such a formative period.

It is my intention to discover all the life that is beyond doing concerts and recording CDs. While that life is very fulfilling, I think it is time to "move the couch" for a while. When you move a piece of furniture, it takes a while for the ruts, that have been long-worn into the carpet, to go away. The tracks we have laid never seem to go away until we make the move. It just takes some time for the floor to become unscathed and open once again. I am praying I can become more and more open and that I can make myself available to whatever the Lord is doing, in this present moment, and with whatever awaits around the corner. I am wanting to pay attention, put up my antennas, and allow for enough time to get myself out of the way of what is going on.

I have been home for 6 weeks, and it has been a blast to get to spend an extended amount of time with Paula. Nobody is more supportive of me than she is, but all the travel, concerts, and time away have inevitably effected our life together. No matter how loving, understanding, and supportive of each other we are, our relationship is effected when I am in and out for a combined 200 days a year. Now, my support of her can take on more of a tangible role as she teaches a full day, every day; teaches night class twice a week; and raises Brooklyn, Jordan, and Luke.

I am grateful to get to be around Brooklyn as she develops more and more of a personality. I 'm learning that it is the little things...feeding her, changing her, wrestling with her, laughing with her, and playing "ball" with her...that all add up to life. And, it's a life that I don't want to miss out on right now.

Thank you for your prayers and support...it means the world to me. I look forward to seeing you on down the road at a concert in the second half of 2007.

Until then, remember that you are guided by love and remember to attack life with the kind of persevering faith that comes for a personal connection with the mysterious and ever-gracious Spirit.

Peace of Christ,
Mitch

Return to top