Date: 22 July 1998
To: MitchMailList
From: Danl Blackwood
Subject: [MitchMailList 003]: Waterloo, IA 07/06 review

From: Carolyn Weber
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 1998 22:39:21

I attended Mitch's concert at the Waterloo Church of Christ.
He came to our church last year about this time also with Rich Mullins and
This Train.  We loved his music then and were so glad to hear him again.
His lyrics are so insightful and he is so enjoyable to listen to.  My three
kids (13, 11, 9)  enjoyed the concert and it really meant alot to them
knowing all that he has been through and that he still has his
faith--probably stronger than ever now.  We were afraid the concert might
be a tear jerker but Mitch as well as This Train handled things tastefully
by just saying enough about the past year.  Eric's background vocals as
well as cello playing were wonderful as well as Mitch's harmonica and
guitar.  I got to help feed the members of This Train before the concert
and they were all very kind gentleman.  We got all the CDs and have loved
listening to them.  Our local Christian Radio Station is playing numerous
songs from the albums.  We wish them all continued success and hope they
come visit our area again.

Return to top

Aaron Thomas Pierce's Waterloo review

Date: Fri, 24 Jul 1998 10:12:41
From: Aaron Thomas Pierce
Subject: Re: TT Aaron's news...

On July 6th my friend Curtis and I went to Waterloo, Iowa
and spent the day w/ TT. We were supposed to help them set
up, but they had gotten there the night before to have their
bus repaired so they had already set up when we got there.
We arrived at the Cedar Book Store at 1 PM where they were
doing a CD signing. I introduced myself (Merk already knew
me) and we talked for awhile then at about 3 PM we went to
Country Kitchen and ate lunch (Jordan owes me $0.90 for
coffee :). While we were waiting on lunch I talked to Joe
(who is the nicest guy in the world imho) and Brad (their
intern) while Mark visited with the toilet and Jordan did a
bit of book keeping. While we were eating we discussed Bible
versions, G. Gordon Liddy, basses, guitars and if their
music was entertainment or ministry. It was really cool
because during the concert Merk talked about our
conversation regarding entertainment and ministry. After
that they went to the hotel and got the guitars and we
headed for the Church. After they had their sound check,
Mitch had his ( I am really sorry that I didn't get to talk
w/ him more ). Then we talked with Eric (who was with Mitch)
about the Electrics (who TT is hoping to tour Europe with)
and got a free mandolin lesson. Curtis & I have found the
best IMHO Root Beer in the world, Health Valley (yeah, tacky
name) and so we brought some for them. While back stage Merk
managed to spill it on his shirt and pants and then during
the show said something about the brown spots on his clothes
( I wish I could remember the quote). Mitch opened with
several great songs and then joined TT on a couple of Rich's
songs. I really enjoyed his set. TT rocked the house (as was
to be expected) then Mitch & Eric came out at the end and
joined them on an a cappella version of "No not one". It was
a swell show. Afterwards we helped them pack their stuff up
and got lost on the way home, but that's another story... ;)
--
Aaron Thomas Pierce | aaron@avweb.net | http://www.avweb.net
--

Return to top