Date: 02 July 2000
To: MitchMailList
From: Danl Blackwood
Subject: [MitchMailList 062]: New Web Page Followup

Mitch's new Web Page is up, and I've waded through the first batch of idiosyncrasies. One of the biggest problems I've been dealing with is Netscape's not cooperating with Javascript (and other technical stuff - which is interesting, since Javascript was developed specifically for Netscape, not Internet Explorer).

Anyway, please continue to email me,

JavaScript must be enabled to display this email address.

, at with web page problems you experience, as I continue to work on some. Please don't assume I've already heard about something, as hearing it more than once assures me it is a big problem (whatever it may be). Also remember, if you use Netscape, you will be prone to more wierdness on the page than if you use Internet Explorer. (P.S. Even as a primarily Macintosh user, I am a Microsoft supporter, since regardless what you may think of them, none of us would be where we are now digitally had they never existed).

Thanks also for continued reporting of reviews and scrapbooks. Currently I'm spending all my time just trying to get things smoothed out, so it may be a week or two before I update those pages. In the mean time, check out Suzan's Mitch McVicker Fan Site, as she has posted some current reviews and scrapbook pages.

Since the web page has been almost completely re-structured, many of the links have changed. Therefore you can help us out tremendously if you find a web page pointing to something on Mitch's page and using an outdated URL - by contacting the webmaster and informing them of the change. You would be even more helpful if when you contacted them, you also supplied the correct URL.

Mitch will be leaving for Thailand this Tuesday for a Compassion International Trip, and he will be accompanied by Keith Bordeaux, whom you may remember as Mitch's former manager, and is now a Compassion CCM liaison.

Brad Layher is staying in Nashville and will join Michael Aukofer in the studio who has already been busy laying tracks for the Appalachian Christmas recording. Next to Mitch's CD, this project is one of my most anticipated recordings this year. Stay tuned for an announcement on Michael's Page <http://www.danlnet.com/aukofer> on purchasing a copy of this CD. It will be finished later this month and available for sale later this summer.

On a personal note, Mitch's first date after returning from Thailand will be in Lakin, Kansas at the Kearny County Fair. A young lady and one of Mitch's biggest fans who will also appearing at this performance, is Bekah Frees. I met Bekah a couple months ago, and will soon be setting up a web page for her. Shortly after our meeting, she lost a guitar player and - to make a long story short - I have filled that position. We played in Hutchinson, Kansas last night (and again this evening at the HutchFest downtown), and it was my first "performance" outside my church since Nov 1985. I enjoyed myself thoroughly! So if any of you will be in the Lakin Kansas vicinity on July 18 (in western Kansas on Hwy 50 - east of Garden City), come and see Mitch and one of my new favorite female vocalists, Bekah Frees.

Return to top