Date: 11 August 2002
To: MitchMailList
From: Danl Blackwood
Subject: [MitchMailList 096]: Ridgeland, MS 07/04 scrapbook/review

Mitch McVicker concert

LeClaire Christian Church
Ridgeland, MS, July 4th, 2002

photos and review by Chris Chance

click on thumbnails
for a larger image

I wanted to share some pictures from Mitch’s concert at the Ridgeland “Celebrate America Balloon Glow” on July 4, 2002 in Ridgeland, MS. Mitch and the band did a terrific job of entertaining the crowd, estimated at over 15,000. The band performed a concert that lasted about an hour and a half, playing old favorites and a lot of the great new stuff.
After that, there was a thirty-minute balloon glow. Then, prior to the fireworks display, Mitch went back on stage solo for about 15 minutes and led the crowd in the singing of “God Bless America” and some other patriotic tunes.
Mitch, Brad, Joe, and Jeff were a joy to be around, and it was a great day for the City of Ridgeland. I am honored to work for a city that would allow a Christian act for its July 4th celebration, and even more happy to have the opportunity to meet Mitch and the guys and hear one of my favorite acts perform live.
Rain caused some technical difficulties, and I think I threw Mitch some curves with our ever changing schedule, but they were all real troopers and hung in there to put on a great show and, I believe, touch some lives. I got many compliments on the band, their performance, and their message.