Date: 07 April 1999
To: MitchMailList
From: Danl Blackwood
Subject: [MitchMailList 029]: More Dove Follow-up

From: Karen Strawn
Subject: Mitch McVicker Dove Award comments
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 21:56:58

Greetings Danl,

As I mentioned the last time we emailed, here are some hot quotes from my
interview with Mitch about the Dove Awards and things in general. Please use
them on his site.

"Rich and I wrote 'My Deliverer' in the Spring of 1997 in the trailer in New
Mexico. We set out to write a historical song of Jesusā childhood. We know
very little about Jesus' childhood so we took some poetic license. We knew at
the time of his childhood he was our deliverer then and he's our deliverer now."
                                                        - Mitch McVicker

"Rich came to me with the idea for My Deliverer. For me it was just trying
to keep up. It was frustrating for me writing with him because he was so
good and so fast.  It was a back and forth thing, a learning experience for
me."   - Mitch McVicker on writing My Deliverer with Rich Mullins

"I was surprised that it won. I feel really fortunate to be included in that
song and in Rich's life."  - Mitch McVicker

"I'm very thankful for where I am at. The frustration for the whole healing
process is real, and my thankfulness is real."  - Mitch McVicker

"I plan to record at the end of this year. I've been writing a ton. I wrote
one song for Rich and I'd love to record it."     - Mitch McVicker

Also, this black & white photo was taken by me at a recent concert.

(click on pic for a larger image) thanks, karen strawn

Return to top

From: Diana Morris
Subject: Pics of Mitch and Rich's brother
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 1999 17:40:46

Hi Danl!

Here is a photo of Mitch and Rich's brother, David, at the Dove Awards.

(click on pic for a larger image)

Thanks!

In Joy!  Diana

Diana's Rich Mullins Links Page
http://pages.prodigy.com/richmullins

Other photos from Backstage at the Doves!
http://pages.prodigy.com/doves

Quotes from backstage at the '99 Doves
http://www.egroups.com/list/christianmusic-list/912.html

Return to top