Date: 05 Sept 1999
To: MitchMailList
From: Danl Blackwood
Subject: [MitchMailList 040]: Middletown, OH 08/22 review

From: Daniel Scott
Subject: middletown review...
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:59:31 EDT

i haven't seen a review yet for middletown, so i thought i'd send my 2  cents....

i was once again blown away by mitch's ministry.  this was a great evening.

every song was great, but some of my favorites included:

heaven is waiting:  i love hearing this song live.  it is much more passionate
and vulnerable to hear in person.

the solid rock:  i have always loved this hymn, but tonight i heard it in a new
light.  i loved the acappella beginning into the guitar-drummed rhythm.  i just
sat back and thanked our Heavenly Father for being our strong foundation.

when you love:  this fresh, new arrangement of rich's tune from his "pictures..."
disk is excellent.  i've loved this song from the first time i heard it, but with
the acoustic guitars...wow!  thank you, mitch, for bringing this song into the
present.

freedom:  !!!!!!

burn the fields:  this new tune is great.  i especially loved mitch's intro about
going back home to kansas and seeing the burning fields.  i could totally picture
the beautiful landscape in flames against a night sky.  Isn't it cool of God to
make even change so beautiful?!  He is so awesome!

inside out and upside down:  i'm not sure if this is the title to this song or
not.  it's a new one.  i can't wait to get a recorded copy of this one.  i
couldn't help but just smile at the lyrics.  it's a comfort to know that there
are many of us out there who feel this way and love living as ragamuffins.  thanx
for the tune, mitch.

new mexico:  i was hoping...i love this song, especially the second verse which i
heard in a new light during the performance.  i'm in ohio finishing up at
cedarville college while my fiance is back at home in new jersey. i don't know
mitch's motivation in writing the song, but i was missin' my girl, and these word
just stuck out. "...so i wanna thank the One who leads us for the way that he has
lead...we can't measure the distance but we'll treasure every step...so hold onto
Him and He will show us our way home..."

again this was a wonderful evening.  i was refreshed, encouraged and challenged
to live as Christ lived as I journey toward Home.

full set list:

set1:

hope
take hold of me